Want to lose pounds and pounds of dumb in one day?
Try the Core Commitments ‘Diet’
No Joke. Human culture is full of dumb ideas and bad behavior. The Core Protocols are the personal best practices you can “exercise”, starting right now, that can help you shed flabby behaviors and hone your personal results – whatever they are.
Read the Core Commitments. Print them out and try them for a day At Work. At Home. You’re committing to listening. to being heard and to putting the best outcome ahead of your ego.
Try the Core Commitments “Diet” for a day. We double dog dare you.
Then give us a call and let us help you make every day more effective, for yourself and the ones you love.
The Core Commitments
How to start
- Engage when present.
- Know and disclose
- what I want,
- what I think, and
- what I feel.
- Always seek effective help.
- Decline to offer and refuse to accept incoherent emotional transmissions.
- When I have or hear a better idea than the currently prevailing idea, I will immediately either i) propose it for decisive acceptance or rejection, and/or ii) explicitly seek its improvement.
- Personally support the best idea i) regardless of its source, ii) however much I hope an even better idea may later arise, and iii) when I have no superior alternative idea.
- Seek to perceive more than I seek to be perceived.
- Use teams, especially when undertaking difficult tasks.
- Speak always and only when I believe it will improve the general results/effort ratio.
- Offer and accept only rational, results-oriented behavior and communication.
- Disengage from less productive situations
- When I cannot keep these commitments,
- When it is more important that I engage elsewhere.
- Do now what must be done eventually and can effectively be done now.
- Seek to move forward toward a particular goal, by biasing my behavior toward action.
- Use the Core Protocols (or better) when applicable.
- Offer and accept timely and proper use of the Protocol Check protocol without prejudice.
- Neither harm—nor tolerate the harming of—anyone for his or her fidelity to these commitments.
- Never do anything dumb on purpose.